can you always see the eggs rocking???

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Teresaann24, Aug 20, 2008.

1. Teresaann24

Teresaann24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    I was just wondering can you always see soon to hatch eggs rocking or wiggling? My first hatch I thought it was my eyes playing tricks on me but sure enough they were rocking. This time I around I swore I could see them rocking again but I'm only on day 16 I think it was the day before or so when I saw them rocking before? Can u always see them rocking and on what day does this usally start being able to see them rocking? Are my eyes just playing tricks on me this time and I am so wanting to see them rocking but they really arent??LOL

2. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    I've always used the egg carton method, so I never did see any eggs rocking. [​IMG]

3. Teresaann24

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    Quote:LOL

4. justpete

justpete Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2008
    Southern NH
    I have quail eggs hatching today. They started to rock and roll yesterday.

5. Teresaann24

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    Quote:Yeah im thinking it was a day before or so when I saw my first hatch start rocking. I think my eyes are playing tricks on me..LOL Because I think I set for 15 mins today just staring at eggs and NOTHING but I swore the other day I could see them rocking..LOL wow!

6. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Boy! It sounds like it was a good thing that I used the egg carton method. I would have drove myself crazy watching those eggs to see if they moved or not! [​IMG]

7. chickenfanatic

chickenfanatic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2008
    deming new mexico
    its very common to se them moving alot but not always i love to watch them move i almost forgot to eat dinner last night hahaha no pips yet though

8. Teresaann24

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    Quote:Yeah it does kinda get a lil crazy watching to see if they are moving! [​IMG]

9. Teresaann24

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    Quote:What day did you start seeing yours moving?

10. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    I've always seen my eggs rocking and wiggling when i take them off the turners on day 18 i see them rocking and wiggling almost as soon as i take them off.... and they would continue to rock and wiggle till day 20 when i would always get my first pip and they rock and wiggle while they hatch to ... i always here mine peep before they pip though... Although this time i'm doing the egg carton method so i wont be able to see my chicken eggs rock or wiggle this time

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by