Can you buy only American(or your country) made products?

Considering we (USA) no longer produce 1 nail or screw in this country, I doubt you can find too many products.

As far as produce, my grapes are from Chile, tomatoes from Mexico, melons from Guatemala, mangos from Ecuador, etc. I travel allot and I find this is more true in America than anywhere else I have been. In other countries I can still buy MANY items from that country and mostly local fruit, vegetables, meat, cheese, wine, etc. The US is a nation of importers while other countries still have a large home manufacturing base. We exported that part out...
roll.png

Sun laundry detergent is made in Bowling Green kentucky by Huish, All Clad kitchen pots and pan are made in Pennsylvainia.....if you look, you can still find alot of things made in the USA, but you will usually pay a higher price.

Its kinda funny, I always look at where our meat comes from, I live in an agricultural area, we produce plenty of chicken, pork and beef. yet there is one supermarket that only has meat from the USA. We are in Canada, our products are usually better. I think its so stupid that we ship tons of hogs and cattle down to the States then they ship it back to us, and then there is the issue of the boarder closing for political reasons at a whim............

I try really hard to make sure any food products I buy do not have any ingredients from China. I find a lot of applejuice is made from concentrate produced in China. No thank you.

Quote:
What really irks me is that we live in an agricultural area as well- and I have to drive 1 1/2 hours TO THE CITY to get the fresh produce I don't grow. Even 1/2 of the vegetable stands around here get their stuff at Sam's Club
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom