Can you "carry on" chicken eggs?

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by ENLuby, May 30, 2010.

1. ENLuby

ENLuby New Egg

Dec 20, 2008
    Hello All,

I'm flying back east in a couple of weeks and my mother in law would be thrilled if we brought her some fresh eggs. Does anyone know if you can carry them on?

Thank you!

E

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Can't do it anymore. I know some who have tried.

4 years ago, I had some folks who got away with bringing some eggs from Spain into the country for incubating.... they put them in some plastic bags with some peeled boiled eggs and it worked.... didn't have to have them x-rayed I suppose.

3. Danaus29

Danaus29 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2010
    I don't know enough of the circumstances to answer. You can call the airline and TSA to get your answers.

4. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    Quote:Mahonri-- you are such a good idea man/bad influence. [​IMG]

I think you can take eggs in-country, but it depends on the carrier. I was searched for having a duck decoy in my bag, but no one said anything about the deep-dish STEAMING HOT XL pizza in the suitcase...

5. DesertChick324

DesertChick324 Out Of The Brooder

May 16, 2010
    Palomino Valley/Reno, NV
    I took 10 dozen from Reno to Baltimore 3 years ago as carry on with no problems.

6. RevaVirginia

RevaVirginia Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2009
    Reva, VA
    Like it's been said "I'd check with TSA". It doesn't appear as though you'd have a problem as I didn't see any eggs on the list myself.

That being said, I'd say "Go for it"

Remember to quote me though if you're tasered on video for news so I can get my 15 minutes of fame. "RevaVirginia said "Go for it""
    [​IMG]

Edited for smiley

Last edited: Jun 3, 2010
  7. illegal avian

illegal avian Cooped up

Apr 21, 2010
    Third World, Texas
    If you open them, and let the gubment werkers look inside, it will probably be ok... worst case, you have to get rid of any liquids in there. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by