Can you eat guinea?

Supposedly they taste like Pheasant (and are often listed as African Pheasant on menus at gourmet restaurants, but I've never tasted Pheasant to agree or disagree with this). To me they have a flavor somewhat between chicken and Turkey... and they are very lean. Not much meat on them. Some wrap them with bacon before baking or roasting... baking them in baking bags helps keep them moist too.

My favorite way to eat Guinea tho is to shove one or 2 in a crock pot with lots of fresh home grown garlic, onions, rosemary and cover with broth then cook on low for 5-6 hrs. Then I add halved red potatoes, a bag of baby carrots and sometimes big hunks of home grown zucchini to cook in the broth/juices the last couple of hours.

Last edited:
Supposedly they taste like Pheasant (and are often listed as African Pheasant on menus at gourmet restaurants, but I've never tasted Pheasant to agree or disagree with this). To me they have a flavor somewhat between chicken and Turkey... and they are very lean. Not much meat on them. Some wrap them with bacon before baking or roasting... baking them in baking bags helps keep them moist too.

My favorite way to eat Guinea tho is to shove one or 2 in a crock pot with lots of fresh home grown garlic, onions, rosemary and cover with broth then cook on low for 5-6 hrs. Then I add halved red potatoes, a bag of baby carrots and sometimes big hunks of home grown zucchini to cook in the broth/juices the last couple of hours.

Oh my, YUM! sounds wonderful!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom