Can you explain this?!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Squishy, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Squishy

Squishy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Florida
    Why?

Why?

Why?

Must our 4 month old Border Collie puppy (aptly named Dory [​IMG] ) play this particular game with herself?

Dory with her bone - Pick it up... Drop it on the tile floor. Noise insues. Pick it up.. Drop it on the tile floor. Noise insues. Pick it up... drop it on the tile floor. Noise insues. Pick it up... drop it on the tile floor. Noise insues. Pick it up... drop it on the tile floor. Noise insues. Pick it up... drop it on the tile floor. Noise insues. Over, and Over, and Over, and Over, and OVER AGAIN!!!! [​IMG]

Course she gets told to cut it out. And she does for the most part.... but then come those little rebellious mini-drops.. with just a Liiiiittle noise mom! [​IMG]

2. canesisters

canesisters Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2011
    Virginia
    Maybe offer her a toy that makes a less offensive noise???
    A ball with a bell? Or a squeek toy????
    [​IMG]

3. clairabean

clairabean Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2010
    Kootenays of BC!
    [​IMG] She wants to play!

4. ChickenfootDuckbutt

ChickenfootDuckbutt Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:x2 My mom's dog does that. when she wants you to play with her, she'll find the nastiest, wettest, stinkiest most slobber covered toy she can find [​IMG] and POKE you with it, over and over, and over....and she always makes sue it comes in contact with your skin [​IMG] until you give in and throw it for her [​IMG]

5. StupidBird

StupidBird Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    GA
    honestly, dogs, cats, kids...all the same.

Don't ask why or how.

DS was little, and had an incident at school...broke his thumb. Now, I listened to his story wind on over an hour, and other than it happened in gym class, I still don't know how he broke it. BUT, he had to get a cast, a monster cast from knuckles to elbow (growing plate on the bone). not FIVE minutes, DH is paying the bill, and DS realizes it clunks on the countertop. Clunk....eyes brighten....clunk....clunk..clunk clunk clunk for the rest of the time DH had him at the doc's. I'm sure he was told to cut it out. Later, at school, he managed to get detention with it. clunkclunkclunk on the desk.

6. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:There's your answer, right there^^^^^ BC's are like two year old humans with ADD and OCD all rolled into one. [​IMG]

7. zzGypsy

zzGypsy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2011
    Quote:see that right there explains it all!
    I love 'em, got 2, but they need jobs because they are SO driven to make SOMETHING happen! even as pups. my younger border is 6 months and I've had him about 3 weeks - he's incredibly smart but they are SUCH a handful until you get some training on them. obsessive driven intense creatures!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by