Can you feed chickens blue cheese?

EEforMe

Crowing
Sep 5, 2021
Northwest Washington, USA (near Seattle)
Soooooo, I kinda sorta maybe just spilled half a container of blue cheese crumbles on the floor 😬 and I’m wondering if you can feed blue cheese to chickens because blue cheese isn’t cheap and I don’t want to completely waist it. I know you’re not supposed to feed moldy things to chickens but the mold on blue cheese is special mold so just wondering.

Chickens can't digest large amounts of dairy but I occasionally give my chickens cheese and add milk to my crossbeak's mash so I think it'll be fine

You CAN feed chickens literally anything. The question to be asked is, should you feed them bleu cheese?

Without looking anything up, I'd lean toward NO. Why? Bleu cheese is notoriously moldy, and chickens don't do well with mold. As I've been reminded in just the last 24 hours, AN OUNCE OF PREVENTION IS WORTH MORE THAN A POUND OF CURE.

That's my $.02 worth...

You CAN feed chickens literally anything. The question to be asked is, should you feed them bleu cheese?

Without looking anything up, I'd lean toward NO. Why? Bleu cheese is notoriously moldy, and chickens don't do well with mold. As I've been reminded in just the last 24 hours, AN OUNCE OF PREVENTION IS WORTH MORE THAN A POUND OF CURE.

That's my $.02 worth...
Oh yeah haha! Should I feed chickens…also it’s blue not bleu

Back
Top Bottom