Can you figure out why I'm so torn over this?

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by kargo, Nov 16, 2009.

1. kargo

kargo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2009
    Most of you know that my English teacher Mrs. W is sort of like a teacher friend to me and that she will be going on maternity leave at some point. Well, I know she'll leave sometime in January since she's due in February. Problem is, January 14th is the 1-year-anniversaty that my dad died. I know I'll go ballistic that day, so I'm really wanting Mrs. W to be there. Thing is, my friend told me today that Mrs. W is hoping to leave the first week of February. I don't want to hold her up or anything like that, I know she's got to leave when she needs to, but...I still really wish she could be there that one day. I think she'd be a great comfort to me. Why is it that I want her there so badly? Any thoughts? I mean, I have plenty of other teachers that I like.....

2. Sillystunt

Sillystunt Master of the Silly

Jul 11, 2008
    Winter Haven, FL
    Don't worry..............she will be there~ hahahahah

3. DonnaBelle

DonnaBelle Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    McIntosh County, OK
    I would say that you are very sensitive to anything you perceive as a loss, which is perfectly understandable. Try to make arrangements to have someone special by you that day, another teacher, a relative, a friend. I am 62, my Mom died 22 years ago, I still think of her every day, even in some small way. It hurts to lose a parent, no matter your age. I wish you well.

DonnaBelle

4. twister

twister Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2009
    Mississippi
    from a teacher's perspective:

Talk to her. Tell her that you wish she could be there for you on this day and explain why and how important it is to you. It will honor her to know you think so much of her. Just let her know.

5. kargo

May 8, 2009
    ^ I would really like to. It's just that.... if you don;t already know this, I'm ridicukously shy. It's awful. And Mrs W makes it worse. I don't knwo why, but my nerves are a ton worse is she's in the room. And the other thing-I don't want to affect her leaving. I mean, there's porbbaly a small chance of this, but what if she decided to stay through then just for me? That'd make me feel really bad.
    I don't think she'd mind me talking to her about it, though. She's told me that I can talk to her anytime.

^^ I'm sure the other teachers will be perfectly nice. A least, I hope so.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
  6. Sillystunt

Jul 11, 2008
    Winter Haven, FL
    If your dad's anniversary is on Jan 14th and she is leaving the first week of Feb she will be there! Am i reading this wrong? Do you mean first week of Jan she is leaving? Your confusing me~

7. kargo

May 8, 2009
    Quote:Sorry, I don't think my wording was very clear. She is planning/hoping to leave the first week of January. She's due in February.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
  8. Sillystunt

Jul 11, 2008
    Winter Haven, FL
    Quote:Sorry, I don't think my wordign was very clear. She is planning/hoping to leave the first week of January. She's due in February.

OK, now that makes sense. I would talk to her a little before she leaves.

9. Eggs4Sale

Eggs4Sale Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2009
    Even if she's not at school that day, you could still talk on the phone after school.

10. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

As much as you want her there, I don't think you can expect her to put her maternity leave on hold.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by