Can you get cornish x from tractor supply?

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by Beau coop, Dec 5, 2008.

1. Beau coop

Beau coop Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    WNY
    Does anyone know if you can get meat birds from TSC in the spring? Do you pay shipping on them?

2. Brunty_Farms

Brunty_Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2007
    Ohio
    My local tractor supply has them.... shipping is included with the chick if you buy from the store. Usually they have them set up in giant horse water tanks.

Jeff

3. scooter147

scooter147 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2008
    Missouri
    The one across the river from me in Illinois does. However, the one here runs out quickly (don't know why they don't order more) as a lot folks like to buy just 10 or so, not the 25 the hatchery makes you buy. I usually buy 15. I send my local store an e-mail and they then e-mail me when they arrive.

4. scooter147

Jul 30, 2008
    Missouri
    I might also add that my Tractor Supply is kind enough to sort of special order for me. I wanted a few of the gold lakenvelders a couple of years ago and they ordered them with their order.
    I think they did it for me because I am always in the store and they trust that I would purchase them.

5. Teach97

Teach97 Bantam Addict

Nov 12, 2008
    Hooker, OK
    Our TSC was surprised you could order chickens...the manager was shocked that people would want them and didn't know what to do to get ready for them...[​IMG]...some folks should not be allowed to reproduce...although I must admit they do have the only high protein chick feed in the area

6. scooter147

Jul 30, 2008
    Missouri
    Teach97, LOL.
    You wonder how he got the job, he has EVERYTHING he needs right there in the store.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by