Can you give me a home with girls of my own?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by NewToFarming, May 16, 2011.

1. NewToFarming

NewToFarming Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA
    I have numerous cute silkies & silkie/mix cockerals available. My winter hatch was over half being boys! All are friendly to people and are quite cute but just need a new home so they can have some girls of their own.
    This little guy is quite the pistol and will make an awesome roo. He will stand up to the biggest rooster around him so he will be a good one to protect the girls. He actually doenÂ’t mind to be held and will snuggle right in to your arm.
    He does not have a correct silkie comb but still has some nice color to him and foot feathering so breeding to a hen with a good comb should produce some nice babies.

If you would be interested in other color silkie boys please PM me and I can let you know what I currently have.

This is an older pic of him and he is still on the smaller side but he filled out some more since this was taken. He was almost 4 months old in this pic and he just turned 5 months old last week.

Pick up only or I can bring him along to the NJ Sussex show this weekend. I would be willing to meet up also within a reasonable distance. Please PM me if interested! Thanks!!!

I do not have any pullets available at this time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mlward

mlward Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2010
    Tuscarora, NY
    Oh, he is very handsome. Love his coloring! Unfortunately, I currently have an extra roo I need to re-home. A GLW that is 3 months old. Very handsome also, but his services will not be required in the current flock. Poor guy!

3. NewToFarming

NewToFarming Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA
    Thanks!!! [​IMG] It hard to part with the boys but I know they will be much happier in a new home and not having to compete so much with each other. I really like this little guy too.
    I hope you are able to find a good home for your boy also! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by