Can you guess our combo/sex at 6 weeks?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by whatthecluck, Apr 1, 2009.

1. whatthecluck

whatthecluck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    VeRmOnT
    Heres the crosses possible:
    Black Copper Marans Roo, Wheaten Marans Roo, Blue Ameraucana Roo, Welsummer Roo over the following hens:
    Cuckoo Marans, Deleware, Welsummer, Wheaten Marans, Black, Blue and Wheaten Ameraucanas.
    these guys are roughly 6 weeks...and I am starting to think I see a roo....do you?
    Heres the pics I could snap today....:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the last pic is a week ago...
    theres 5 total...what do you think and why...I am fairly clueless and the more I read the more confused I am getting.
    Oh and extra points if you can tell me what color eggs. Our breeder guessed and I have it written down somewhere I can check that too...just asking for fun.

2. sherrydeanne

sherrydeanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Black and white barred: BC marans over cuckoo marans?

Top right, first pic: Welsummer over Ameraucana?

Small black chick: Black ameraucana over blue?

Two that look to have a lot of ameraucana in them.

Honestly though, very hard to tell from those pics. I can't wait to see pics of them in another month; a lot of them will look very different.

3. whatthecluck

Mar 30, 2009
    VeRmOnT
    Quote:Hi Deanne [​IMG]
    so I was thinking the one that is black/copper the top right first pic may be a roo? I dunno...I have really been getting a dude vibe from that one. "her" name is Hettie...but I am thinking maybe Henry is more in order? How do I tell?

4. sherrydeanne

sherrydeanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Does she have wattles starting? If you can get a real good face shot (especially the comb) we may be able to tell. It's hard though, since we don't know exactly what breed she is.

5. whatthecluck

Mar 30, 2009
    VeRmOnT
    Quote:don't know what wattles are?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by