Can you hatch bantams with large fowl??

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by BuffBeck, Mar 8, 2013.

1. BuffBeck

BuffBeck Out Of The Brooder

Hi, everybody, here's a Q:
    Is there a difference between temperature or turning times for bantam and large fowl hatching eggs?? I bought some Orpingtons on www.rarebreedauctions.com, and I wanted to put them in with some banty Cochin eggs, but then it occured to me: What if they need different incubation? So If there's anybody who knows if I can hatch them together, I love to hear from ya! [​IMG]

2. frenchiegirl21

frenchiegirl21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2013
    South Central Texas
    Hello!

There is absolutely no difference in temperature or hatching time between bantam and large fowl eggs. I hatch both at the same time very often and I have never had any problems. Good luck!

Rachel

1 person likes this.
  3. BuffBeck

Oh, ok! Thank you. Yeah, I am really glad you can, because otherwise I would have done two different hatches without knowing! Thank you so very much! I rated your content useful. [​IMG]

4. frenchiegirl21

frenchiegirl21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2013
    South Central Texas
    Thank you!

I am glad you won't have to do 2 hatches now. That would be frustrating. Do you ever sell your fertile banty eggs? I want more bantam cochins but there are not people around me that sell any.

5. BuffBeck

Hi, Rachel! Actually I haven't even bought them yet! I wanted to do my research in advance just in case. ;)
    You know, if you want, You can visit www.rarebreedauctions.com to check out the lady's stock. She's auctioning six+ hatching eggs of buff barred Cochins that look really good there, and I don't think anybody's bid yet. Maybe you could contact her from there. She lives in Yakima, Washington. She also sells Marc Sacre Orpington stock, which is hard to find around here, as I have found. I do love to promote the "Buffs"! They are growing in popularity like crazy. Anyway, I really hope this helps to find you some high quality Cochins!
    PS: Let me know on this thread if you find the jackpot! :)

Last edited: Mar 11, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by