can you hatch snake eggs?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by kryptoniteqhs, Jan 19, 2009.

1. kryptoniteqhs

kryptoniteqhs Rosecomb Rich

Nov 14, 2008
    Perris, CA
    just wondering???

2. jab91864

jab91864 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2007
    Northern Michigan
    I know when I was searching incubators in the past I saw there are reptile incubators. I believe the humidity is way different for them. If you google it you can probably find a good page of info...

Julie [​IMG]

3. Chef

Chef Chicken Connoisseur

Dec 16, 2008
    So.Cal
    ABSOLUTELY you can! Good luck.

Chef

4. Epona142

Epona142 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2008
    Bedias, TX
    Snake eggs can be complicated and difficult to hatch, and often take far longer (Ball Pythons take 52 days!)

If you let me know the species, I can either tell you more specifics or find out.

5. kryptoniteqhs

Nov 14, 2008
    Perris, CA
    thanks....i was thinking either ball pythons or boas

6. CityChook

CityChook Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    My Coop
    but the real question would be.... why? shiver....

7. Epona142

Epona142 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2008
    Bedias, TX
    Boas are live-bearers, which means they give birth to live babies.

Interesting, no?

If you care to PM me with specific questions and interest, I'll be more than happy to help you out, I sometimes forget to come back and check on threads. [​IMG]

8. kryptoniteqhs

Nov 14, 2008
    Perris, CA
    thanks! are you serious? live birth? i didnt know any snakes or reptiles at all for that matter do that huh...learn something new everyday

9. Chef

Chef Chicken Connoisseur

Dec 16, 2008
    So.Cal
    I had a pair of redtail boas that had a clutch. The female was around 10ft and the male 7ft. She had 17 live babies. Two didn't make it and the rest I sold. That was really fun! I had fun with them until they became to large and unpredictable for my liking. I gave up the snakes and moved onto chickens. Lets hope they don't grow teeth! [​IMG] Have you ever been bit by a 10ft snake? [​IMG] It makes you think(do I really want a 10ft snake?? huh do you??). They are very cool snakes though. Have fun.

Chef

10. kryptoniteqhs

Nov 14, 2008
    Perris, CA
    lol....well there goes that plan....i figured ive hatched chicks now....now lets move onto hatching snakes hehe......but these ones dont hatch lol....i really like them theyre beautiful....i still want them tho....but i think id have to pick between them and the chickens....and also i cant just throw them out in the coop....dont think the neighbors would like that much lol.....and uhhh....can you imagine pushing out 17 babies!! yuk!! i guess it better than humans....worm or big baby head....i guess id pick worm (sized that is)....hope im not being too inappropriate....but i know you thought it too!!! lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by