Can you hear the "Hallelujah Chorus"???? Eggs!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Beekissed, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Beekissed

Beekissed True BYC Addict

The floodgates are open, choirs sing, light pours from the sky as EGGS, glorious EGGS! come rolling from the chickens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All winter long, 2-3 eggs.....not just this winter. This has been happening since August and was an abnormal occurence in my chickeny history.

Now? I've never seen so many eggs from my flock in all my years keeping chickens! I think the roo is even laying a few a day. In two day's time I collected a bucketful of eggs from my flock of 27 hens, old and young.

I am overrun with eggs and apparently so is everyone else who had none this winter....an abnormal abundance of huge, beautiful eggs like never before recorded here from my flocks.

What in the world??? [​IMG]

2. dsqard

dsqard Crazy "L" Farms

Jun 11, 2010
    York PA
    Quote:[​IMG]
    Now that would be a miracle! [​IMG]

3. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    x2!!

4. journey11

journey11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2009
    WV
    Nice! Spring is on it's way! [​IMG]

5. train2110

train2110 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2010
    eastern New York
    [​IMG]

It must be the weather from this winter. We have gotten more eggs in the last three days then we did in the last three weeks!

[​IMG]

6. Beekissed

Beekissed True BYC Addict

We are still in snows and cold here. I know this is the natural cycle and time for this to happen....just never in my history with chickens seen it happen so abruptly and so abundantly! Like salad shooters!!! [​IMG]

7. Kim_NC

Kim_NC Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    Mt Airy, NC
    Yippeee! [​IMG]

8. SeaShell741

SeaShell741 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 28, 2010
    Virginia
    Sooo funny, my hens layed extra eggs for me today too!

9. sheaviance1

sheaviance1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2010
    Tennessee
    Yay Bee! That's wonderful news! I'm still waiting for one little freeloader to start putting out.

Oh, and thanks for the mental image with the salad shooter comment, I was desperate for a giggle today!

10. nanawendy

nanawendy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Bellingham Wa
    YESSSSS I Hear it!!!! [​IMG] Their Angles [​IMG] ( wouldn't that be fun to pipe that music into the coop and program it to play whenever the "egg song" is sung [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by