Can you help identify my babies?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by amgreen1980, May 1, 2011.

1. amgreen1980

amgreen1980 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 30, 2011
    Steelville, Missouri
    These gals came from the Rainbow Layer box at the farm store. They are supposed to be nearing 2 weeks? I am not sure exact age. Can you help identify breeds?

This is Lulu
    [​IMG]

This is Jacey

[​IMG]

And Lightning
    [​IMG]

2. schellie69

schellie69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2009
    Kansas
    1. New Hampshire red
    2. brown leg horn
    3 buff orphington

Those are my 3 guesses.

3. amgreen1980

Apr 30, 2011
    Steelville, Missouri
    WOW! You are fast! I am SO excited! I was wanting a Buff O and had planned to order a few. I am 'chicken stupid' and had no idea that what I was buying from the Rainbow Layer tub was an assortment LOL. I thought it was a breed! [​IMG] Are New Hampshire Reds and Brown Leghorns docile chickens? I have 4 kids and these will definitely be pets for us!

4. schellie69

schellie69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2009
    Kansas
    No rainbow layers just mean a bunch of different breeds to give you a colorful egg basket. I love my BO Blondie is super sweet. Penny is also. Blondie is just more friendly she protects us when our bantam rooster gets a little out of sorts. My brown leghorn was killed at 6 weeks old so I am not sure about those the 1st one might also be a sex link which if it is they are great egg layers. I think the leghorns lay a white egg the BO lays a nice light brown/pink egg and the 1st one will lay a nice brown those are my guesses [​IMG]. I love guessing egg color I have 2 Easter Eggers I am trying to guess what color they will lay.

5. JulieNKC

JulieNKC Overrun With Chickens

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    I think 3 is a NHR, her wings aren't buff, and she has orange legs
    2- brown leghorn
    1- don't know the lighting makes it kind of hard to tell, nhr or production red?

6. amgreen1980

Apr 30, 2011
    Steelville, Missouri
    Does anyone else have thoughts?

7. sunket77

sunket77 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2009
    Texas Hill Country!
    since there is lacing on the wings I would say #3 is NHR or something similar, the "eyeliner" on chick #2 make me think easter egger it also has a chipmunk stripe but I could be wrong, can't tell the leg color or if the comb is a pea comb, but hatchery EE sometimes have yellow legs. What color is #1? can't really tell.

8. amgreen1980

Apr 30, 2011
    Steelville, Missouri
    #1 is red-ish. I will get some pics in daylight today, these are definitely not the best quality!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by