Can you help identify the breed of these little ones.?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by WeeNicole, Aug 30, 2013.

1. WeeNicole

WeeNicole Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2013
    Northern Ireland
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have 7 roughly 9-10 week duckies here, and i need help on their breed, i have no idea whatsoever on any of them.

1st picture, the white one is crested, has darker feathers on wings/tail and a gorgeous purple/blue/green marking on its wings also, the other "grey" colour one is as shown, no other colours on her.

2nd picture has one pure brown duck (even legs), one crested black with white on chest/wings, one pure black with white chest, one brown and whtie and the little guy is something special, he is pure black but at closer look nearly all his feathers are metallic green lol.

Any help greatly appreciated guys.!! Can get more pictures of certain ones if required.

Nicole.

2. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England

1 person likes this.
  3. WeeNicole

Jul 5, 2013
    Northern Ireland
    [​IMG]

Thanks for the info really needed the help.!

Few more close ups of them, incase it helps in any other types.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Looks like the solid blk with the green sheen is an East Indie . Blk and white could be swede. They are all beautiful [​IMG]

5. WeeNicole

Jul 5, 2013
    Northern Ireland
    Thanks, oh there is soo many different types I'm lost lol. Any other thoughts on the crested black one with the little white ring on front of neck? Same as the one that looks like a penguin lol

6. Miss Lydia

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Could be a crested Swedish also. I wish I knew what the brown and white is, beautiful duck, maybe a mix?? If you go on google go to Metzers web site it will show breeds of ducks and may help you identify the others. Are you aware that you shouldn't breed 2 crested together? there is info here on BYC about it if you go to the search at top of page and type in crested ducks you see info. this might take a while but very interesting and since you may have access to breeds we can't get here it may help you identify some we don't know... Have fun http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/Ducks/BRKDucks.html
    very interesting look at this pic and your duck with the white at the neck [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  7. WeeNicole

Jul 5, 2013
    Northern Ireland
    Thanks ever so much.! That website is fantastic. On the call duck page their isa. Photo of a magpie call duck, but it's the image of my brown n white duck, only it's black? If I find out ill certainly let u know its breed/mix. I didn't know about the crested so ill be reading up on here about that. I'm unsure what sex all these are as well
    , my ducks are very mysterious lol

8. Miss Lydia

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    You'll find out soon enough [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by