Can you help me determine their sex?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by WillowTreeFarm, Oct 29, 2011.

1. WillowTreeFarm

WillowTreeFarm Out Of The Brooder

Feb 21, 2011
    Toledo
    I have two Easter Eggers that I am hoping you guys can help me decide gender on. They are both 5 weeks old, so I hope it is not too early.

[​IMG]

These are the two of them... I think the one on the left is a boy, and the one on the right is a girl... sorry I can't give you a better picture of the one on the left, he refused to stand still and all the close ups came out blurry.

[​IMG]

This is another shot of the one on the right in the first picture.

Thank you for your help!

2. its kinda hard to tell
    maybe it'll be easier in a few weeks

3. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

If they're pea combed - check whether they have a single row of peas (like a ridge looking thing through the middle) or three rows of peas. Three rows means male. I can't tell based on your pics.
    Are they for certain easter eggers? I'm use to seeing greenish or slate legs and muffs [​IMG] They sure are pretty little things - love the splash of black feathers...

4. yankeedoodle300

yankeedoodle300 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2011
    Chicken Heaven
    Sex:

wait Till 10-15 weeks. It Will Be easier To sex.

Name:

In The mean time, give them Multi-Gender Names, Like Pepper Or Sunny. You Pick the name! there YOUR Chickens!

5. WillowTreeFarm

WillowTreeFarm Out Of The Brooder

Feb 21, 2011
    Toledo
    Thanks everybody! I thought it might be a little early, but was hoping somebody would know. I'll check out their combs and take better portraits in a few weeks. And I'm pretty sure they're EEs, I got them from m friend who breeds/sells/raises multiple breeds. This is another one we thought might be a girl, but turned out not to be, from the same breeding as them (to the left of the wheaten). He's about 4 1/2 mos old.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by