Can You Help Me Find Out What Breed These Chicks Are..

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Doodle_Doo, Oct 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doodle_Doo

Doodle_Doo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2009
    Missouri City, TX
    one of my neighbors gave me six chicks at three days old because the hen for some reason wouldnt take care of them...she gave me these but i have no idea what they are, and she doesnt know either..here is one of the males..or at least i think it is, this one and three others have the comb and are this coloration..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the other two dont have a comb or have this coloration they are lighter brown..they are five weeks old going on six this friday..

[​IMG]

if i can get a picture of both parents ill put them up..

2. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    I don't quite understand. What is her roo? what is the hen that laid the eggs? What are the possibilities? Are mixed? There is really no way to tell what the breed is on a chick unless you are certain of the parentage.
    Right now i have 4 chicks. hatching hen is a very dark red bantam friz. I know the eggs by the hen so I'm sure 2 are Dels. 1 is a Del/? and one is Bantam/Del. However I am really only sure one is pure Del.
    Why cause the only breeding roo was a Del. I now have a CM roo who is dancing with the girls. I haven't seen my bantam friz roo dancing for a while.
    Any eggs laid now could be any combination of the three and the 8 dif breeds of hens.
    Unless I quarantine the same breed hens and roos. Which I will do in the spring and wait until I'm sure she's work out the odd roos input.

3. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    They look like welsummers. The first being a roo, the others girls.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by