Can you help me I.D. the breed and gender of these birds?

Morgaine

Songster
12 Years
Jan 22, 2008
Texas
Here is the first bird I need help I.D.ing the breed. Are these Dark Cornishes?

Baby pic:

mys1.jpg

81/2 weeks

myst.jpg

mys.jpg

Do you think these two are roos?

SLW

roo.jpg

Buff Orp

whs.jpg

Thanks every for the help.

I am pretty sure that SLW is a roo. He looks like my GLW roo.
That dark one looks rooish to me too. Don't know what he is though. The buff is a hen.

Are they all 8 1/2 weeks? I have a SLW pullet with a pinker comb, but she is definitely a she. In comparison to my SLW roo, however, her comb is a bit more pale and her waddles much smaller...its the tail feathers that really distinguished them.

The first 2, look like dark cornish pullets. I have one and she looks exactly like that. Although she was a little darker as a baby. The SLW looks like it may be a roo, but the BO looks like a pullet to me.

Thanks every one! I'm happy to hear that the BO most likely is a pullet, she's my favorite and I was worried about her turning into a roo.

I don't think the dark cornish is a roo, I don't know why the comb showed up so pink looking in the first picture, but normally it looks like the others. But I'm glad to know what they are, it was driving me crazy because I had all the others IDed.

The two SLW in question all have tail feathers just like the others and the legs do not appear any bigger than the others, but around 2 1/2-3 weeks old, their combs were much pinker than the others. I will get a picture of them on the ground so you can see them better.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom