can you help me Id this chicken? It has been living on my porch for the past two weeks

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Chesapeake chik, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Chesapeake chik

Chesapeake chik New Egg

Feb 29, 2012
    [​IMG]

2. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

could be a mix, face looks fluffy. can u get a pic of her face and legs??

Hold up....
    lol i c her face

shee looks EE

Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  3. turtlebird

turtlebird Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2009
    My first thought was an EE also! Have you seen any eggs yet?

4. Chesapeake chik

Chesapeake chik New Egg

Feb 29, 2012
    I have not seen any eggs. better photo attached. WHat is EE?

[​IMG]

5. chickengrandma

chickengrandma Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Awwww...where does she sleep? Do you have other chickens? What are you going to do with and about her?

6. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

an EE is a mutt bird with Ameracana or auracana background.

Other wise known as an Easter Egger

7. Chesapeake chik

Chesapeake chik New Egg

Feb 29, 2012
    sleeps on the railing of my front porch. I don't have any other chickens.

8. kari_dawn

kari_dawn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2009
    North Texas
    Did she just show up one day? Do you have any neighbors that may have lost her? Sleeping on your front porch isn't reall super safe for her...especially if she is alone. She definately looks like an easter egger...If I were you, I would ask around and see if any of my neighbors keep chickens, and see if they are missing her. One of our guineas was missing for two weeks before someone came and knocked on our door saying she had run into the next neighborhood over. We were able to find and catch her. We were so thrilled to have her home again...after that, if no one was missing her (and could PROVE she belonged to them), I would wait till she went to roost, grab her, put her in a carrier/crate, and either find her a home with a good sturdy coop and other companions, or get a good sturdy coop and some companions for her, and keep her myself. Actually, I would catch her FIRST, and keep her contained for a couple of weeks while looking for a potential owner.

She looks young, and very pretty. As others have stated, EEs have the potential to lay blue or green eggs.

9. orumpoultry

orumpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2012
    Trinity, TX
    My guess is EE as well, looks like a young hen. Where are you located? You may post in the area board and see if the owner happens to be a member here.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by