1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Can you help me identify this blue/gray little one.UPDATED w/MORE PIC

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by WyoChickenMamma, Jul 22, 2011.

1. WyoChickenMamma

WyoChickenMamma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2011
    I can't decide/determine what s/he is. It was sold to me as an ameracuana pullet along with 2 others she said were also ameracuana. After doing a lot of reading, I think the other two are EE, but this one looks nothing like them. What do you think? Also, this one is considerably smaller than the other ones, could it be a bantam? She told me that all the pullets she had were hatched in March.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Okay, here are pics of the others, that I thought were EE...what do you think? And do you think these are pullets or possible roos?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 22, 2011
  2. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    I don't know what she is sorry but she sure is pretty. [​IMG]

3. AccentOnHakes

AccentOnHakes Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2009
    Looks like an EE to me.

4. WyoChickenMamma

Jul 6, 2011
    I added some more pictures of the ones I think are EE. I really wish more people were educated about what this topic. I have talked to people around me that think they have Ameracuanas, but I think they are not accurate. Why do the big name hatcheries market them incorrectly?

5. TheJuan-n-Only

TheJuan-n-Only Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2010
    Tampa
    Quote:I think is all about marketing...d o you rather buy a mutt or an Ameracuanas? Same with RIR/pruduction reds...and we can go down the list! lol

2nd looks like and ee...can't help on the 1st sorry...

6. roocrazy

roocrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    minnesota!!!!
    i say blue wyandotte pullet. that comb looks more rose than pea.

7. mama24

mama24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    GSO, NC
    Your 2 ee's are girls. No idea what your blue pullet is, though.

8. WyoChickenMamma

Jul 6, 2011
    I thought they were pullets, but then I was second guessing myself. I am so new to all of this, but learning so much from all the great people and knowledge here!

9. Erin~TheChickenLover

Erin~TheChickenLover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2011
    Arkansas River Valley
    that blue one looks kind of like a blue orpington pullet, maybe a bantam variety?...it does not look like any easter egger I have ever seen

10. mama24

mama24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    GSO, NC
    Pullet means girl. [​IMG] You definitely have 3 girls, 2 are Easter Eggers, not sure what the blue on is. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by