can you help me identify this rooster

hen srcatch

Chirping
7 Years
Oct 12, 2012
i just joined this forum and so far can not figure out how to post a picture. it keeps telling me i don't haver permission. I'd like to post a picture of a rooster i have. i need help identifying his breed. can someone help me?

There used to be something about the number of post you have to have before you can post a picture, but that might not be true any more as a lot of things have changed. It should tell you in the information BYC sent you when you joined.

in the post box there is a little picture box thing, it has yellow red blue and green in it, and is beside a flim strip looking thing. hit this button and follow the instructions hope this helps

ok my new friends...thanks for giving me guidence on uploading pictures. i'm up and running now. anyways, this is the rooster that moved into my hen house, leggs and all. i can provide a close up shoot of his leggs and feet if that helps? does any one know what breed he is?

yes he's a beaut...but don't know the breed. wellsummer is a good guess . i was actually condsidering that. i have 3 wellsummer pullets, and i had a roo; raised from a chick but looked a bit diifferent.... pic attached. this is a picture of a wellsummer rooster I raised from a chick. they really do look similar.....what color should a wellsummers leggs be....yelllow?

Last edited:
your new boy has leg mites, which is why around his toes and lower legs look uneven. put liquid dish soap on for a week or two to kill them and dust for mites. He's pretty and yes, not a willie. maybe a mix

Last edited:
thank you. i thought his legs where to scaley. i isolated him from the rest of the flock and will starting treating him for leg mites tomorrow. i read up on treatments. one treatment is to scrub his leggs and feet once a day for 2 weeks with soapy water, then after each scrubing you rub in petroleum jelly. any other recommendations?

Back
Top Bottom