Can you help me sex my 4-5 weeks ameraucana ?

Magapoule

Songster
Jul 16, 2019
Canada, Quebec
Hi guys, I’m a new member on this forum ! I read you for years and today I decided that I wanted to join. Saturday the 6th of July (so 1 week ago) I brought home a blue ameraucana chick because it has a crossbeak. Awww ! The thing is that I took a risk because where I am I can’t have a rooster....so if he/she is a rooster I will need to found him/her a home. So, based on those picture, what are your guesses ? His feathers are scared me but his comb...look like it doesn’t even have a comb lol

Attachments

• A44E8FF3-CE95-4087-861D-36832430ACD6.jpeg
    A44E8FF3-CE95-4087-861D-36832430ACD6.jpeg
    478.1 KB · Views: 28
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    335.9 KB · Views: 25
I would lean towards pullet, but with ameraucanas it can be hard to tell this early. If she/he gets any deep red on the sholders or the comb starts to show three ridges then those are indicators of roosters.

Welcome! How old is this chick? No male traits yet, but it depends on age too.
I do hope that you have more than one chick, at least three, because chickens need to belong to a flock.
Do you know how to care for this chick? She's very pretty!
Mary

Folly’s place, he is 4 weeks or 5 weeks old, I’m not sure. I know that chicks belong to a flock, he has one 2 month old chicken with him. He likes her a lot, but she is sick (vitamin deficiency I think, I took her a the same time as him)...When they are going to be more old and ready to go outside they are going with my other chickens outside so it’s temporary. Yes, I know how to care for him <3

Back
Top Bottom