Can you help me spell check/proof read this story?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by BookWorm243, Dec 26, 2011.

1. BookWorm243

BookWorm243 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    Franklin, NC
    My friend sent me this story and asked if I could make sure the the spelling and punctuations are correct and where there should be [​IMG] Also that the sentences are complete and that there are no run on sentences. Basically anything that isn't where it should be and or anything that needs to be added. Can you guys help me? I have been super busy and haven't even had a chance to sit down and read it all the way thru.

Thank You!!!

It seemed like any other early summer night, the air was warm and smelled of freshly bloomed honeysuckles. I would soon find out that this night was different from all the others. That night the sky seemed abnormally dark with very few stars in the night sky. Than at that moment I saw one huge star that lit up the whole sky! That was the night the Alien landed in my back yard.

The light became so bright that I had to not only close the blinds but cover my eyes. Once the light dimmed I opened the blinds and looked out the window, standing in the yard was a tall slender figure. The Alien I thought! I sat and watched but nothing happened, the figure didn't move. Mustering up all my courage I went to the door and opened it. Once I was out side I could see the alien working on what apeared to be his ship.

As I walked accross the yard I tried to talk myself out of it but I had to see if this was a real alien. When I got to the ship the alien turned and looked at me, it was hard to see in the dark but I could vaguely make out his face. He told me how the ships systems had crashed but promised that it wouldn't take long to fix. After a few hours of helping his ship was finally fixed. He thanked me and handed my what appeared to be a wooden box.

As I said goodbye he told me there was somthing inside that when the time came would help me. I tried to ask him what he meant and what it would do but he told me just to wait till the time came. It now sits on my bookshelf and even tho I still don't know whats in the box or how it will help me I'm anxiously waiting to see. All I hope is that it's nothing bad! One thing I know for sure is that I will never forget that night.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2011
  2. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Quote:

3. fuzziebutt

fuzziebutt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2009
    Winfield
    It seemed like any other early summer night, the air was warm and smelled of honeysuckle. I would soon find out this night was different from all the others. That night seemed abnormally dark, when a huge star lit up the whole sky! That was the night the Alien landed in my back yard.

The light became so bright that I had to not only close the blinds but cover my eyes. Once the light dimmed I opened the blinds and looked out the window, standing in the yard was a tall slender figure. "An Alien"! I thought. I sat and watched but nothing happened, the figure didn't move. Mustering up all my courage, I went to the door and opened it. Once I was out side I could see the alien working on what apeared to be his ship.

As I walked accross the yard, I tried to talk myself out of it, but I had to see if this was a real alien. When I got to the ship the alien turned and looked at me, but I could vaguely make out his face. He told me how the ships systems had crashed but promised that it wouldn't take long to fix. After a few hours of helping, his ship was finally fixed. He thanked me, and handed me what appeared to be a wooden box.

As I said goodbye, he told me there was something inside, that when the time came, would help me. I tried to ask him what he meant and what it would do, but he told me just to wait till the time came. It now sits on my bookshelf and even though I still don't know what is in the box, or how it will help me, I'm anxiously waiting to see. All I hope is that it's nothing bad! One thing I know for sure is that I will never forget that night.

Last edited by allaboutyoupetsitting (Today 8:10 pm)

4. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    Quote:

Last edited: Dec 26, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by