Can you help me verify my chicken breed?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by herbmom, Jun 5, 2011.

1. herbmom

herbmom Out Of The Brooder

May 15, 2011
    Utah
    When I bought these I was told I have 2 Americanas, 2 buff orpingtons and 2 rhode island reds. What do you think?

Rhode Island Red, Buff orpington(possible roo) and Americana

[​IMG]

For some reason it won't let me upload the other pictures even though they are the same format. So for now this is all I have.

2. itsy

itsy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    New England
    That looks good to me... but I'm always iffy on whether or not they're really selling Amaraucanas and not Easter Eggers.

Your RIR and Orpington look good, though!

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    RIR, BO and EE.

All pullets.

4. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    RIR Buff Orp and EE I agree with the above posts [​IMG] they are cute! [​IMG]

5. herbmom

May 15, 2011
    Utah
    Quote:What is the difference between Americana and EE? We really want the ones that lay colorful eggs. The EE or Americana both of them have very cute fluffy cheeks. They are changing as they mature so it's harder to see the fluffy cheeks but they are still there. Sooo cute. I can't believe I got the chicken fever. I've never thought much about chickens before [​IMG]

6. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    Quote:except I think the BO is a cockeral...

7. herbmom

May 15, 2011
    Utah
    Quote:except I think the BO is a cockeral...

I posted better pictures of the BO under what breed is this. So far most say they think it's a Cockeral. It has thicker legs than the rest and the comb is bigger than the other BO even though the other BO is bigger than this one. It's also more squawky and nervous when we try and pick it up compared to the others. But such a cutie. More bold about pecking things out of my hands than the others even though it's shyer about being held.

I wished I could post the other pictures of my chicks but for some reason it won't let me. I'll try again.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by