1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Can you help me? :)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Tangeygirl, Sep 18, 2010.

1. Tangeygirl

Tangeygirl Songster

I came home a month ago to meet my four fluffy girls...my parents had picked them out for us while hubby, the kids and I were away. The two older girls are approximately a year old. The two younger ones are now about 3 months and 4 months old. The woman that my parents got them from told them the breeds but they of course can't remember what she said. I'll post pics to my page (since I haven't figured out how to post in a thread yet).

Thanks for all your help!!

Jaime

2. BirdNut

BirdNut Crowing

Sep 13, 2010
    Suprise, Arizona
  3. Loddie Da

Loddie Da Songster

Jan 14, 2007
    Troy, New York
    They are Easter Eggers, most likely, atleast one of your girls are, but I can't tell for sure for BlueBird...She's to far away.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2010
  4. Tangeygirl

Tangeygirl Songster

Thanks for the link on how to post pictures [​IMG]

An EE, I like it! I wasn't sure - a friend of mine had suggested she was an Ameracauna but I know there are all sorts of difinitive features so I wasn't sure.

Here's an updated pic of BlueBird, maybe now someone will be able to tell what she is [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The smaller girls I'll try to get better pictures of tonight when they go in the coop!

Jaime

5. Tangeygirl

Tangeygirl Songster

Hi again everyone [​IMG]

I updated my pics on my BYC page... any ideas what BlueBird, Thelma & Louise are? Thanks!!!

6. Loddie Da

Loddie Da Songster

Jan 14, 2007
    Troy, New York
    Marigold = Easter Egger

BlueBird = Non-Bearded Easter Egger (If she lays blue/green eggs, like you say in the pic, that's all she can be)

Thelma & Louise, I'm not 100% sure b/c they seem to be bearded & have slate legs, but they are long in body...
    Can you re-post a new closer pic of them.

7. Tangeygirl

Tangeygirl Songster

Quote:Thanks so much for your help Loddie Da [​IMG]

Thelma & Louise are so skiddish it's hard to get a closer picture of them. They're appx 3 to 4 months old...not sure if that will help you!

Here's a better look at them - but again, not sure if they're good enough to tell what they are
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Tangeygirl

Tangeygirl Songster

Sorry to be a pain... [​IMG]

Updated pics of Thelma & Louise above... any ideas? Just regular 'ol Easter Eggers like my other two?

THANKS!!!

9. Loddie Da

Loddie Da Songster

Jan 14, 2007
    Troy, New York
    They look like EE mixes...Their bodies are just very long,
    But an EE is a mix anyway so yeah...more EE's for you [​IMG]

Marigold is your typical Easter Egger, your other girls are just funky & Your welcome,...Glad I can help.

10. Tangeygirl

Tangeygirl Songster

[​IMG] Thanks so much!! [​IMG] I love 'em no matter what they are! hehehe

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by