Can you help?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by jendorego, Mar 28, 2015.

1. jendorego

jendorego New Egg

Mar 28, 2015
    Hello. My fiance and I recently(today) adopted 3 chickens that a friends friend could no longer have cause she moved to a city where chickens aren't allowed. We have a small coop for them(That they will be kept in at night) as well as a 10x6 run to surround the coop for additional safety(and freedom during the day when no ones home. The chickens of course will have supervised free time in the back yard. I'll share my set up tomorrow when I can get a picture. Anywho, I am unsure as to what kind of chickens I have. Here are the photos....The blond is Polly and the twins are Judy and Trudy. Thanks for any help. I am so looking forward to learning as much as I can. I am very much a beginner, but I am sure my new ladies will thrive.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Twistedfeather

Twistedfeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2014
    Oregon
    The one on the top looks like a japanese bantam to me (the tail reaches a ninety degree angle "squirrel tail") on the other two Welsummer.

3. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    I agree; Japanese Bantam and two Welsummers. You should get some beautiful chocolate eggs from the twins. :eek:)

4. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Agreed.

5. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    x3

6. jendorego

jendorego New Egg

Mar 28, 2015
    Thank you so much!