Can you ID this duckling?

Jul 27, 2018
Granite Falls, WA
I bought a trio of ducklings from TSC about 2 weeks ago. No clue what they could be. It was a variety bin and all the ducklings were yellow. They all have the start of feathers coming in. Two have white feathers coming in- I’m sure they’re Pekin. The dark billed baby is the one I’m curious about. It’s feathers are coming in buff. I’ve been told on Facebook that it could be a white layer, a Pekin, or a Saxony. I’ve only had Pekin and Muscovy ducks before now. I could just wait until all the feathers come in but I want to see what others think!
A2F3330F-A625-45AA-A72E-541D146C60AC.jpeg
7CCF6CF2-1BF0-496F-93FF-DB4340BC8D91.jpeg

Not intending to hijack this thread, but now I'm second-guessing my ID [ignore the crustiness of the brooder and the off color from the heat lamp] - the larger duck in the foreground is one of my suspected Buffs. Am I the only one who now sees eye stripes, though? :idunno

Honestly, Buff or another breed, I'd still be happy. :D

D4355F5D-9024-4FC1-B2BF-41B59928005A.jpeg

I bought a trio of ducklings from TSC about 2 weeks ago. No clue what they could be. It was a variety bin and all the ducklings were yellow. They all have the start of feathers coming in. Two have white feathers coming in- I’m sure they’re Pekin. The dark billed baby is the one I’m curious about. It’s feathers are coming in buff. I’ve been told on Facebook that it could be a white layer, a Pekin, or a Saxony. I’ve only had Pekin and Muscovy ducks before now. I could just wait until all the feathers come in but I want to see what others think! View attachment 1726308 View attachment 1726309
I think it is adorable ... whatever it is

Back
Top Bottom