Can you identify my cock?

smithshyre

In the Brooder
7 Years
Sep 7, 2012
I got this guy from my friend who had an 80% rooster rate from her straight run. He's glorious!! With an impressive comb and a real fancy call.....She thought he was Icelandic and Ameracuan- what say you my bird lov'n friends?

Is this from a hatchery or from someone's backyard with mixed breeds? He does not look like any pure bred.... my first thought was Faverolles mix he kinda looks like one except almost clean legs(he does have some, indicating there was a feather leg in his ancestry) and not having extra toe.

Faverolles for the type and leghorn for the comb size...?

He does have feathers on his legs, but not much. He is from a hatchery, I'm not sure what she ordered, she doesn't even know lol! The comb is massive! We want to breed him with our easter eggers - he has the ameracuan cheeks.
Thanks for the input everybody!

Definitely looks like americauna. his neck feathers and feet color are too much like the americauna i have.

WOW! How old is he? I wonder if that comb's gonna keep getting bigger!

If he came from a hatchery, he's likely an easter egger with some funny ancestry. But man, he is amazing! Please post update pics as his feathers fill out (I think he'll get redder as he ages).
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom