Can you identify my Lonesome?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by CamillaRules, Dec 22, 2009.

1. CamillaRules

CamillaRules Out Of The Brooder

Sep 29, 2009
    Massachusetts
    [​IMG]

This is the girl I've nicknamed Lonesome Dove, because she's always wandering off by herself and laying eggs in the tool shed. Her eggs are a lovely cream color and she has blue or slate colored legs? Does anyone know what she is? She's only 5 1/2 months old, but acts like she's broody already. She's always sitting on someone's eggs. Thanks for helping me determine what she can be.

2. chicknjane

chicknjane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2009
    Pine Grove, PA
    It looks like she has slate legs, which is inconsistent with Delawares and Columbian Plymouth Rocks which have yellow legs. I hope someone else can be of more help. Do you have a picture that shows her legs better, maybe that may help.

3. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    I am not sure since she as slate legs.

4. pedro24

pedro24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2009
    arthur, ontario
    it might be a Delaware

Last edited: Dec 22, 2009
  5. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    Quote:Delawares have yellow legs.

6. ve

ve Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    Palmetto GA
    She is hatchery Lakenvelder or Lakenvelder mix

7. CamillaRules

Sep 29, 2009
    Massachusetts
    Quote:Oh, thank you. I think several of the others are this too. I got the eggs from a local college farm center and I'm sure there are a lot of mixes. They just gathered up an assortment of fertilized eggs and Camilla hatched them all.
    She's a sweet bird, a little shy and often sitting on several eggs at a time...although I have no rooster anymore. sigh [​IMG]

8. ve

ve Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    Palmetto GA
    She is real beuty.I understand frase " Camilla hatched them all' very well-I am the same

Last edited: Dec 22, 2009
  9. CamillaRules

Sep 29, 2009
    Massachusetts
    Quote:That's funny. You know until I got chickens myself, I never knew there were so many many varieties. I'll have to post a picture of my other "mystery hen" too, as soon as I can get her to sit still enough to take her picture! [​IMG]

10. chicknjane

chicknjane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2009
    Pine Grove, PA
    Quote:I didn't think Lakenvelder because the hens usually have more solid black on their heads as well as neck and tails. Although the comb shape and beak and leg color are consistent with Lakenvelder.

Good call ve.

Marcy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by