can you identify my pullets and if they are indeed females

tobylowe1

In the Brooder
7 Years
Oct 28, 2012
Alabama
Nice to meet you all. I have posted pictures and I'm new here. I have some 4 h chickens that I adopted and have no idea what they are. I'm an urban chicken farmer. Look at my pics and see what you think. I have been told the lighter colored chicken is a Rhode Island Red, the darker older pullett is a Black Austrolorp. I was told the baby chick was a Amerucana or an Easter Egger or maybe a mix. What do you think? Thanks for welcoming me here. I'm not even sure of the sex so any and all info is apprecaited. I'm in Alabama and I hope the older chicks (pullets) I hope stay warm in these upper 30 degree temps until they can go out of quaratine into their awesome coop.!!!

Nice to meet you all. I have posted pictures and I'm new here. I have some 4 h chickens that I adopted and have no idea what they are. I'm an urban chicken farmer. Look at my pics and see what you think. I have been told the lighter colored chicken is a Rhode Island Red, the darker older pullett is a Black Austrolorp. I was told the baby chick was a Amerucana or an Easter Egger or maybe a mix. What do you think? Thanks for welcoming me here. I'm not even sure of the sex so any and all info is apprecaited. I'm in Alabama and I hope the older chicks (pullets) I hope stay warm in these upper 30 degree temps until they can go out of quaratine into their awesome coop.!!!

does the orange have black in her? and the black one is not an Austrolorp because of the white in the chest. it looks like it has slate/grey legs. they both do. Dho they have muffs and beards? What kinda combs? single which is the line down the middle with ridges or is it a pea comb, which is bunched up. I would say the chick is an EE due to the green legs. Can you get head shots of the other two?

I think they have single combs. The chick does have a bit of darker coloration on her but I would not say black. I will post some really good pics this weekend with my wifes camera. Thanks for your insight.

Joseph

Back
Top Bottom