Can you identify these hens? :)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by heiditam, Aug 31, 2014.

1. heiditam

heiditam Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2014
    [​IMG]
    Hen 1. Her legs are a pale pinkish yellow.

[​IMG]
    Hen 2-her legs are black with hair on them! Her beak is black. She has a little floof on top of her head.

[​IMG]
    Hen 3-her beak is yellow, her legs are gray. She has some hair on them but not much. She has striped black feathers in tail:
    [​IMG]

All three had the same daddy and I forgot what it was but not familiar with it. Owner said that he thought one of the moms was a buff orpington, and one was a RIR... any ideas?

All three are very docile. :)

[​IMG]
    Hen 4. This hen, along with the three posted above, were from the same barnyard. She is pretty. If you can catch her she is docile but she is fast.

The next hens are from another barnyard.
    [​IMG]
    Hen 5-This girl is flightly and nervous!!! She is at the top of the pecking order too. Pale yellow legs,but there are some gray areas on them. Black on neck and tail.

[​IMG]
    Hen 6-
    This hen is all nervous too. She has pale yellow legs too with some gray areas as well. She appears all white but if you look close, there is some darker pattering much like Hen 5, around her neck and on very tips of tail. Almost like a shadow.

I don't mind mutts, I just would love to know what breeds I have so I can anticipate what the egg production should be. :)

Thanks!!!!

2. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
    I'm not very good with breeds but I can tell you that the second bird with the black beak is a buff silkie.

3. heiditam

Aug 8, 2014
    Thank you :) I think that helps because these are all related, so that means that if dad was a silkie, then we may also have buff orp x silkie and then rir x silkie with other two maybe...

4. heiditam

Aug 8, 2014
    Oh one more Q...if she is a buff silkie, what should I expect in terms of her laying, like what is average for a week? :)

5. cash money

cash money Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2014
    The first barn yard hens are Delaware and a white rock

6. cash money

cash money Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2014
    Both great egg layer's

7. heiditam

Aug 8, 2014

Thank you! :) :)

8. heiditam

Aug 8, 2014
    I updated to reflect that Hen 2 has 5 TOES! So yes, def sounds like a silkie cross...

I now think hen 1 is a full buff orp, hens 2 and 3 are RIR x silkie.

9. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013

10. heiditam

Aug 8, 2014

Thank you so much :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by