Can you Identify these two chickens, please?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Noirchats, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Noirchats

Noirchats Out Of The Brooder

Dec 7, 2012
    Central Florida
    I just got two new chickens today and the lady wasn't sure what breed they were... just that the black and gray ombre colored one is about 4 months old and that the white and splotchy one is about 8 months. I couldn't get a close up while they were free ranging and by the time they were in the coop is was too dark.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  2. kwinnypoo

kwinnypoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2012
    White splash one appears to be an EE...

3. my sunwolf

my sunwolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2012
    Southwest Virginia
    My Coop
    What kind of comb does the blue have? The splash looks like an EE to me as well, though not clear on why it isn't an Ameraucana. Not sure about the blue one.

4. Noirchats

Dec 7, 2012
    Central Florida
    the comb on the blue/gray one isn't really there. it basically sits against her face if you understand what I am saying. Sorry I don't know any of the lingo, I'm new! :)

The white splashed one doesnt look anything like my americaunas. are ee's different looking?

heres my pretty americaunas

[​IMG]

the white splashed one has wattles? I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

heres a zoomed in picture, its not the best but maybe you can see something. it's basically blackish red and shriveled.

[​IMG]

5. my sunwolf

my sunwolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2012
    Southwest Virginia
    My Coop
    Easter Eggers can look almost like anything... if the splash has a pea comb she might be an EE and lay blue or green eggs. If the blue one has a pea comb it could be some sort of an EE as well.

6. Noirchats

Dec 7, 2012
    Central Florida
    Great! Thanks for your help. Hopefully the bigger white gal gets used to her new home soon and I can see what color egg she gives us :) I'm really curious about the gray one too, can't wait to see!! Thanks again

7. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    what color are the feet bottoms of the blue one? she looks like she might be a blue sumatra with too high of a tail set

8. Noirchats

Dec 7, 2012
    Central Florida
    I cant get outside to check right now, its too dark but you know I think nailed that one on the head! The eyes of the blue sumatra are exactly like my hens eyes (very round and almost all black, very interesting), the coloring of her and everything looks the same, too. shes just missing the long tail feathers. however, I saw a lot of the same kind that don't have the longer tail feathers. but she is young still so who knows! thanks! Now I can go look up everything about her :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by