Can You Incubate Eggs In An Egg Carton?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Mrs. Fluffy Puffy, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Can you incubate eggs in an egg carton? How would you turn them? The small end up and then just turn it to the large end? I incubate quail eggs in an egg carton, but they're so small they can fit in the bottom of the carton and you can turn them side, to side.
    Help Needed! Thanks for the advice. [​IMG]

2. mburpo

mburpo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2010
    Paragon, IN
    Cut a hole in the bottom of each compartment so the the small end can stick through. You then just tilt the entire carton 45 degrees or so.

EDIT: You can also just tilt the entire incubator.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
  3. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Quote:I have a Home-Made Incubator, and it has an automatic egg turner that works. I only have 1 Bantam Egg that I am incubating, cause my mom won't let me incubator anymore then that. ( Beside my quail eggs, she doesn't care about/ them. ) So just cut a small hole in the bottom and then just turn on the auto turner?

4. bobkerry

bobkerry New Egg

Jul 29, 2010
    yeah you can use it just follow simple steps...i have my home made incubator and believe me it is working perfectly alright..
    so you can also try to have you rown homemade incubator and can enjoy working without facing any problems

5. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Quote:So how does the egg turn? So just cut a hole at the bottom of the carton that the eggs is going to be in, and stick the small end of the egg into it? and then turn on the turner and it'll turn? Do you have a picture you can show me?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by