can you incubate eggs under a heat lamp?

jazzisbest

Chirping
Apr 26, 2023
A few days ago, I posted a thread seeking advice on incubating eggs under a heat lamp. Today marks the 5th or 6th day of the incubation process and every morning, I diligently check the temperature and roll the eggs. To ensure the eggs receive enough moisture, I fill a bowl of water regularly. At 4 pm, I check the temperature and roll the eggs again. Before calling it a night, I check the temperature one last time and roll the eggs. After 5 to 6 days, I decided to candle the eggs and I am thrilled to report that it worked! My sister and I candled the eggs and found that 17 out of 20 eggs had veins indicating successful incubation. While they may not appear to have veins at first glance, a closer look reveals the positive results. I am excited to continue the incubation process and see the end result. Have a wonderful day!

Attachments

• IMG_20230429_081907.jpg
    IMG_20230429_081907.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 106
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by hatching under a heat lamp being challenging. Could you please clarify?
Because without the confines of an incubator or being under a broody hen you can’t control the humidity. Low humidity can cause problems with hatching. The chicks will find it difficult to break through the shell.

INCUBATION HUMIDITY

Well, I have my incubating eggs in a small powder room in my house. It's a cozy little space where I can keep an eye on them. To keep them warm and moist, I placed a small towel on the bottom of the door and added a humidifier to maintain a humidity level of around 60-65%. It's been a bit of a process, but I'm excited to see the end result!

Back
Top Bottom