Can you keep D'uccle's in with a regular mostly standard flock?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Hangin Wit My Peeps, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    I want to know if they have "standard" sized D'uccles or if they are only bantam sized? And if you can only get bantams can you keep them in with your regular flock of birds?

2. ChickenCop

ChickenCop Songster

My understanding is they are true bantams...meaning there is no "standard" size to them.....Help me out folks I'm still learning too....[​IMG]

3. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    I though I had read that before but wasn't sure...I hope I get more posts here as I would really like to buy some eggs soon to get them in the bator. Do you have any D'uccles and do you keep them in with a regular flock of standards?

4. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    I have four D'Uccle bantams, one is my only Rooster.

They are in a flock consisting of 13 standards. (4 are teens - 1 baby) I also have a baby Bantam Japanese, being taken care of by a big bottom standard mommy!

Last edited: Jun 4, 2008
  5. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    OH that is great news, I can go ahead and order them then. I have one Serama (one egg didn't make it) and I have to keep her/him separate from the standards...so I didn't want to add more that I would have to keep separated from the others. Thanks for your help

6. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
  7. Kanchii

Kanchii Songster

My d'Uccle does just fine with my standards. It's funny, its like they are so small my standards just ignore them! But when we intorduce similar sized birds theres always some pecking going on

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: