Can you make a hen

No you CANT make a hen go broody !!!! Some might say you can by putting her under a small box so she cant move with only food and water (please dont try this) !! But, a true broody will go broody when it's her time, its a hormonal thing... Some breeds might never go broody and some do all the time !!

Sometimes if you leave several eggs in the nest some hens may be tempted to go broody. I had 2 hens do it for me, could have been pure luck but it worked
big_smile.png

Quote:
That is not a dumb comment!!! lol Its when a hen sits on her or a nother hens eggs to try and hatch them.
welcome-byc.gif
Its ok i am new too!!
big_smile.png

Oh ok thanks. I am going crazzy with out chicks. I had a pulit that went broody and stoped like 1 or 1/2 weeks befor the hatch. I tryed to save them with a vary badly bilt bator. And the last one died a day or two befor it was too hatch:hit!! I was so sad!!!!

Chicken Girl

jvls1942
Today 5:11 pm swtangel321 wrote:
No you CANT make a hen go broody !!!! Some might say you can by putting her under a small box so she cant move with only food and water (please dont try this) !! But, a true broody will go broody when it's her time, its a hormonal thing... Some breeds might never go broody and some do all the time !!

Oooh yes you can..

Please explain.
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom