1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

can you mix two fidderent types of dog food together?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Johnn, Oct 1, 2011.

1. Johnn

Johnn Overrun With Chickens

Sep 5, 2011
    ?

2. carolinagirl58

carolinagirl58 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Lugoff, SC
    no reason you couldn't. But not sure why you'd want to?

3. KDailey

KDailey Crazy Cochin Lady

Jun 27, 2011
    Bronson, Tx
    Of course. A lot of times if you're switching dog foods (brand/type/etc) this is a good way to gradually introduce the dog to the new food so it doesn't upset his stomach and give him diarrea

4. dainerra

dainerra Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    I mis or switch different protein sources all the time. I stick with brands that I know my boys do well on, but that is my only criteria.

5. Whitewinterwolf

Whitewinterwolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Massachusetts
    As long as it agrees with your dogs stomach I dont see why not?

6. TLWR

TLWR Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    southern AL
    Yep, easy to do. I used to do it in Kodiak with 2 protein sources as the feed store didn't always have the one I wanted, so I fed both so if they ran out and the barge wasn't due in anytime soon, I could easily switch to the other protein source at the last minute with no issues. Then I just started buying several months at a time and calling to make sure they had more when I was opening the 2nd to last bag and it would give me 2 bags worth of time to wait the barge to arrive.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by