Can you name this breed?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ethan9392, Nov 6, 2016.

1. ethan9392

ethan9392 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 24, 2015
    [​IMG]

Somewhat new to raising chickens. I am unsure what type of chicken this is. Can anyone help? Thanks a bunch.

2. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Lots of Chickens Premium Member

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    Easter egger

3. EggSighted4Life

EggSighted4Life Overrun With Chickens

Hi, welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

I agree, EE. [​IMG]

4. ECSandCCFS

ECSandCCFS Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2013
    Georgia
    2x

5. ethan9392

Feb 24, 2015
    Thanks for the help. I ordered chickens but do not think I got what I ordered. Had to put in a late order due to raccoons :(. Thanks for the welcoming.

6. junebuggena

junebuggena Chicken Obsessed

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA
    If you ordered Ameraucana from a hatchery you most certainly will receive Easter Egger instead. Most hatcheries do not have Ameraucana. They have Easter Eggers that are misrepresented.

1 person likes this.
  7. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    [​IMG]

Easter egger cockerel.

8. ethan9392

Feb 24, 2015
    Thanks. I am having trouble starting another thread. I was waondering if my super blue egg layer (rooster) can breed with my other hens. Next year I will want to add about ten birds to my flock. I have an incubator with egg turner. What are your thoughts? Waste of time? Sorry I can't start a new thread. I can't figure it out.

9. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Sure he can. He'll have a great time doing it, too [​IMG]

Your resulting chicks will be kind of all over the place as far as egg color and feather color. One of the fun parts of hatching barnyard mixes, you never know what you're going to get. If your hens are brown eggers, you'll get a lot of green egger offspring pullets, but brown and possibly a pale blue aren't out of the question either.

I have a batch of chicks I just hatched out, a blue barred blue egger rooster...

[​IMG]

over assorted hens. White and brown Leghorns, a few barred Rocks and some mixed breed blue egger hens. I have a brooder full of different colored chicks, it's crazy! And who knows what all color eggs I'll get come late spring....I'm going to enjoy finding out!

Not that I'm a hatching addict, or an enabler you understand....[​IMG]

10. ethan9392

Feb 24, 2015
    That's good to know. I was not sure if it would work or not. The new chickens I have are much more fun to watch than the basic run of the mill ones I got at tractor supply. Found out I have another rooster because of this thread. My Easter egged was supposed to be a hen. I now have three roosters for 19 hens. I believe that's to many.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by