can you pain your chickens nails ?

I wouldn't try it. The fumes are pretty strong, and probably not healthy. Plus chickens like to peck interesting things, and might hurt their toes or end up consuming some of the paint that fakes off.

You can find polish that free of those awful chemicals (think childrens polish). I don't really see it being an issue if you're applying it in a well ventilated place, but I can just imagine how much fun the application would be! And, Princess Amri makes a great point. If the chicken with the painted nails doesn't mess with its mani, the others might start pecking it and cause problems.

I have to ask, why do you want to paint their nails? I don't ask to be offensive, just out of pure curiosity. It's not something that I've ever thought to do. I have marked my chickens with a bit of Kool Aid or food dye to tell them apart, but that's about as crazy as I've gotten!

You can find polish that free of those awful chemicals (think childrens polish). I don't really see it being an issue if you're applying it in a well ventilated place, but I can just imagine how much fun the application would be! And, Princess Amri makes a great point. If the chicken with the painted nails doesn't mess with its mani, the others might start pecking it and cause problems. 

I have to ask, why do you want to paint their nails? I don't ask to be offensive, just out of pure curiosity. It's not something that I've ever thought to do. I have marked my chickens with a bit of Kool Aid or food dye to tell them apart, but that's about as crazy as I've gotten!
I have seen pictures and I love painting nails I sometimes paint my dogs nails so i didn't know if you could do it with chickens or not I've seen pictures and I think it looks cute

Back
Top Bottom