can you please tell me the breeds of these bantams

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by paws, Aug 18, 2014.

1. paws

paws Out Of The Brooder

Aug 18, 2014
    Devon uk
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. paws

paws Out Of The Brooder

Aug 18, 2014
    Devon uk
    These are all between 12 & 16 wks old, Some are black skinned, some yellow. There are those that are fully booted and some half leg booted,also some bearded. Some also have long feathers on the top of there heads. some also appear to have walnut cones. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3. luvmypets

luvmypets Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2013
    East Coast
    All look like mixes. The one roo however looks like a mottled d'uccle. All are very pretty.

4. Basskids08

Basskids08 Chick Logging

Looks like your first is an EE mixed with a silkie, then you have polish/silkie mixes, other silkie mixes

5. paws

paws Out Of The Brooder

Aug 18, 2014
    Devon uk
    Interesting as i don't keep silkies or any blue/green egg laying hens. These have all hatched from our own eggs.
    We were told our girls are millefleur , lemon cuckoo, golden partridge, and a lavender pekins and we only had the 1 cockerel. So if i'm looking to sell on the chicks do i need to refer to them as silkie mix?[​IMG] the daddy
    [​IMG] the daddy
    [​IMG] golden partridge

[​IMG]Millefleur[​IMG]lavender pekin[​IMG]lemon cuckoo

6. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    Your rooster is a silkie mix (his comb and crest give it away) and at least one of your hens also carry a silkie gene for some of the offspring to have came off silkie feathered.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by