Can you please try to name these chicks?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by horseyjess, Sep 12, 2009.

1. horseyjess

horseyjess Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2009
    SW Florida
    Ok I took a couple better pictures of a few I want to figure out. That look unique. Some of the babies look quite the same or normal. I was able to pic out the RIR and Barred Rocks and the Polish and also the Turkens of course. These have me stumped and I really really really am tring to figure out the first ones here the one is HUGE compaired to the rest. There are three that look like the same they have odd looking faces but one of the three is a GIANT. So please what are we??? Also there is this one black one with these facial markings no other!! Thanks [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Chicky Mama

Chicky Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Mountains of N.E. CA
    The top 4 may all be Americanas.

3. MariposaMama

MariposaMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2008
    Mariposa, CA
    It's a little hard to tell from the pics, but I think I agree with Chicky Mama that the first 4 are Americaunas (or EE's). The last two most likely are either Australorps or Jersey Giants, they look very similar as chicks. They're sure cute, whatever they are. [​IMG]

4. Chicky Mama

Chicky Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Mountains of N.E. CA
    I was thinking possibly Australorps as well,but don't have any to really know.

5. MidnightChickenLover

MidnightChickenLover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2009
    depends on were you got them from. I have seen pictures were a lot of breeds looked like those brown ones, including Phoenix. I think the black ones are Australorps though..

6. MariposaMama

MariposaMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2008
    Mariposa, CA
    This is not the greatest pic, but this is what my Australorps looked like when I first got them. The Jersey Giant I have looked very similar as a small chick, but as she started to grow her body shape was very different, that's how I know she's not another Australorp.

[​IMG]

7. sloallie10

sloallie10 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2008
    CA
    Top two chicks, are EE's
    And the last black chick is a Austrolop

POSITIVE on the EE's

8. horseyjess

horseyjess Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2009
    SW Florida
    Here are the all the black ones again some new ones. EE's Yeah now hopefully they arent three EE roos LOL!! I am thinking that I will never get all of these chicks figured out. That is what I get for letting the kids pick the package lol!! So out of 32 chicks this is what we know of so far.... 2 RIR Pullets, 2 Barred Rock Pullets, 1 Turken Pullett, 1 Turken Roo, 2 polish, 3 EE, 1 did not make it and that only leaves 20 to figure out... AHHHHH So I will post pictures of just the black ones start there again, they all look like different breeds but then again I am not obviously the best at this LOL. Again thank you everyone [​IMG]

Oh I am posting two pictures of each chick that we are still unsure of.. Well that are black. That will still leave 16 to figure out after these 4. [​IMG]
    Oh and of course I know who is the Trurkin but I just couldnt help posting a pic of him [​IMG]!

This guy has well feathered legs!!! More feathers then the other two that have feathered legs but he is the only black one!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is the one I thought was the Austrolop but I am not good at this AT ALL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is the one from the begining just another pic its twin is the one that I lost [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one is different??/
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is the Turken just cause.. Boy do I show favorates I dont see any pics of the Barred rock Babies BAD ME [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    I'm at a loss- I do have to say, the BR may end up your favorite because they are so friendly- wait and see!

10. lotzahenz

lotzahenz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2008
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Did I see feather legs on one or more of those chicks? I first thought EE, but if feather legs, I would think different. Hum, HenZ

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by