can you post pics of a shed you turned into a coop

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by lcw1995, Dec 11, 2010.

1. lcw1995

lcw1995 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2010
    Marysville Ohio
    i live with my mom and her "2nd husband" now with around 20 some chickens 3 guineas and 6 bobwhite quail
    at the end of this year(the end of my sophomore year of highschool) i plan on moving to my dads back were my hometown is
    i was practicaly forced to move to this place (BFE) because i lived with my mom before
    well i finaly am old enough to say were i want to live so im going to go move in with my dad

he is getting a house here soon and is going to try to get a place with a barn or a shed

i was looking at the plans on the coop page and didnt see to many that looked like they could have been a shed and made into a coop so i was curious if anyone could post some pictures of their shed they turned into a coop with descriptive pictures....?

thanks alot..cole.

:)

2. Cluckn Crazy

Cluckn Crazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    Peterborough, Ontario
    We built a coop for inside an old shed. Take a look at my page for pictures. It's nothing special but is working great.

Good luck!

3. cfdf

cfdf Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2010
    Mine is a Lowes Quick Shed that we converted into a chicken coop. It has worked out great for me so far. We had to add windows, venting and a screen door for ventilation. You can see pictures of it on my page.

4. lcw1995

Nov 27, 2010
    Marysville Ohio
    thanks keep the pics and ideas commin

5. The Sheriff

The Sheriff Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    I bought a display model at Lowes and turned it into a coop.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. lcw1995

Nov 27, 2010
    Marysville Ohio
    thats nice lookin
    thanks
    keep ideas and pics commin

7. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:tell me that does not say 350$ on the side of it?? please tell me it isnt so!!! [​IMG]

8. Jenski

Jenski Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2008
    Middle Tennessee
    Suburban "banty playhouse" made from an old 8 x 10 kids playhouse - -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There is more info on my BYC page.

And there are a lot better coops than mine on the BYC Coop Section:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/coopdesigns.html

Good luck with your setup! [​IMG]

9. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Quote:tell me that does not say 350$ on the side of it?? please tell me it isnt so!!! [​IMG]

x2

10. Kansaseq

Kansaseq Prairie Wolf Farm Asylum

Feb 12, 2009
    NE Kansas
    This little 5x7 shed used to live at my neighbor's house. When she said they were going to burn it, I said I'd take it. I had to build a floor, door,pop door, windows, and a roost, but it's worked out very well. Super easy to clean, collect eggs, feed, etc. And it was free. I realize it's not exactly pretty (a little crooked, in fact), but did I mention it was free? And the birds like it!

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 11, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by