Can you Post some Pics of your old Aged Chickens?!?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Flippacase, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Flippacase

Flippacase Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2009
    Massachusetts
    Heyy Everyone,

My chickens are curently 1 year and younger in age. I was wondering if chickens look noticably different when they get past, that, say, 5 year mark.

Basically, I wanna get some insight on what my girls will look like in a couple of years.
    Sooooooooooo,

If you could post a pic of your oldest hen (or roo...what the heck), and say a little something about her (how often she lays, her age, personality)

Thanks E'ryone!!!

2. shuizar209

shuizar209 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2009
    Riverside
    [​IMG]

3. Red&Yellow

Red&Yellow Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2009
    Frederick County, MD
    Well, I don't have any at the moment...but I'll get out tomorrow and try to get some of my two beauties - thery're both almost four.

4. pnuts

pnuts Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2010
    my sister has some older chickens and they look pretty much the same only a little on the podgy side. they lay eggs every few days and i think they are older than 5 years but i'm not certain.
    [​IMG]

5. Flippacase

Flippacase Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2009
    Massachusetts
    Well thanks for sharing!

6. chicken boy sam

chicken boy sam Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2009
    I have one.... KFC..... she was rescued from the local auction as an " old stew chicken" She's a buff orpington.

I believe she's 5-6 years old. She lays an egg every few days during the fall (like right now). She's kind of skittish, but that's because we didn't have her that long, and she had a rough start at life. She's a little on the plump side! Here she is: (She's flock queen) [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 11, 2010
  7. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    I have three chickens that are twelve years old, and from just looking at them there's no way you would know how old they are. Here's a picture of Tsunami, one of the twelve year olds:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This girl is no longer with me, but she was between eleven and twelve when the photo was taken:

[​IMG]

8. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    Quote:wow thats amazing how old they were! and they are beautiful!

9. cat1994

cat1994 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2010
    Southeast MO
    Well all of my hens that lived to old age got a droopy cone and it got paler.
    I know this is not best pic but this is my old RIR hen Henny Penny you can see the droopy cone
    [​IMG]

10. The Chickens' Maid

The Chickens' Maid Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    CT
    Here's Goldy; we got her when she was at least a year old (she had been laying for a while). She's probably 5 or more years old now, since we've had her for four years.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by