Can you post some pure AMERAUCANA baby chicken's picture?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by yook2000, Jun 17, 2011.

1. yook2000

yook2000 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2010
    New Haven County
    I bought some Ameraucana hatching eggs from the breeder listed in AMERAUCANA BREEDERS CLUB, 2011 BREEDERS DIRECTORY . However, after reading the treads about the pure AMERAUCANA and EEs, I really doubt the chicken I hatched are not AMERAUCANAs, and should be EEs. If you have the pictures of your AMERAUCANA baby chicken, please reply them for me. So I can compare them with mine. I would upload my chicken picuture later. Thank you.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2011
  2. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
  3. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
  4. HHandbasket

HHandbasket The Chickeneer

Well, don't use this pic as a reference, but I love this pic and wanted to post it, since you said to post pics of our ameraucanas (grin). This is my hubby, farmer_lew on BYC, chilling at sunset with our 2 blue/wheaten ameraucanas that came from eggs from Jeremy, a BYCer in Oakland.

[​IMG]

They are really sweet and personable. They just go right up to him and sit on him. He's the chicken whisperer, though. We've had quite a few birds who respond to him that way.

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Oops, sorry! You wanted chick pics!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 17, 2011
  6. yook2000

yook2000 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2010
    New Haven County
    Thank you guys. I forget to mention that my chicken are only 2 weeks. Could you please post some picutres of the time they were babies.

7. mikensara

mikensara Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2011
    New York
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

ours were bought from a feed store they were sold to us as amerucanas some of them at around 3 months of age are showing some traits but i would guess mine are easter eggers and not actually amerucanas

8. speckledhen

I'm sorry, I did adults, but I edited my post above and am looking for more chick pics for you. Must have misread it. Too much of a hurry, I guess. [​IMG]

Here's a light blue one, then a black. I have had only blue, black and splash and a couple blue wheaten males:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. NoseyChickens

NoseyChickens Feathers On The Ground

Aug 3, 2009
    Southern California
    The chick in the front is a Lavendar Ameraucuana
    [​IMG]

10. speckledhen

I found a pic of my last blue wheaten Ameraucana cockerel at a few weeks old:

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by