Can you raise chicks to sell

jk47

Songster
6 Years
Apr 17, 2013
CA
Well my buddy ask me today if he bought day old chicks directly from the hatchery and then sold them at 7weeks to people in the city well people actually buy them from him
So being that I have no idea I told him I would ask the people from byc if they knew

Well my buddy ask me today if he bought day old chicks directly from the hatchery and then sold them at 7weeks to people in the city well people actually buy them from him
So being that I have no idea I told him I would ask the people from byc if they knew

I'm curious about this as well. There is a high demand for certain chickens is this area and I just orders some babies and I thought about giving them a good start and then selling half of them.

Not quite the same thing but in my area there always seems to be someone selling their chickens. Personally, I'd never buy from someone other than a hatchery or feed store simply thinking of illness, lice/mites, etc. I don't know if there is something wrong with the flock or the real reason someone is selling a chicken (bad egg production, attitude, etc). Just my opinion.

Edited to add:
I think I'd buy from someone I know or someone that came highly recommended. So I guess if advertising was done well then it might work

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom