Can you Really Get baby Chicks To Drink from A Rabbit Water bottel ??

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by -Mr.HenryRooster, Oct 21, 2010.

1. -Mr.HenryRooster

-Mr.HenryRooster Out Of The Brooder

Sep 27, 2010
    Can you Really Get baby Chicks To Drink from A Rabbit Water bottel ?? I seen on another forum someone had there day old chick drinking from one of the rabbit water bottels .You know with the little metel ball in the tube type water things????? [​IMG] If so that would be really efficient [​IMG]

2. itsmyobsession

itsmyobsession Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2010
    Georgia
    All of my baby chicks, pullets and cockrels do until they are old enough to go into their "breed" pen. Its so much easier and cleaner.

3. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Yes they will, and it's easy to teach them. They are attracted to the sparkle of the ball & water shimmer on it. Takes no time at all to teach them. Only draw back is for standard birds outside in the summer, it can be hard to keep the bottles full and braced against the coop.

4. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Yep, I also make them all use bottles until they go outside.

I usually start with gravity held ball hamster bottles (8 ounces each), as some of the smaller chicks can't push the ball hard enough on spring ball or larger rabbit bottles (32 ounces) for the first week.

5. -Mr.HenryRooster

-Mr.HenryRooster Out Of The Brooder

Sep 27, 2010
    Quote:Yes it was your Candeling post were i first got the idea thank you so much

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by