Can you repair a cabinet incubator?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by houndit, Oct 13, 2009.

1. houndit

houndit There is no H or F in Orpington!

Jul 13, 2008
    Braymer Missouri
    I am considering purchasing a Sportsman incubator. I want to hatch the birds in it so I do not want the old model, which needs a separate hatcher.
    The newest model I have found is computerized to keep the temperature and humidity correct. I like this idea, but I am not very good with technology. I have a general distrust of computers and anything else like that. They are always crashing or blowing up or something. So, my question is, if my incubators computer has a problem, can it be repaired? Obviously I can not do it. Is there a place that repairs them?
    Thanks for any help you can offer.

2. jenjscott

jenjscott Mosquito Beach Poultry

May 24, 2008
    Southeast Arkansas
    Repairing them is basically replacing some parts, not difficult. And I think they come with a backup wafer thermostat so you have something that will work in a pinch.

3. feedstorechick

feedstorechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2009
    My best guess would be that if the computerized component went out, you would replace the part, rather than repair it.

If you had to order a new part, I'd think any electrician could change it out for you.

Call GQF and ask if its ever been a problem. I'm sure they would tell you.

4. mulia24

mulia24 Chillin' With My Peeps

i'd love to have computerized bator. [​IMG]

but i really think the price will force me to sell my house to buy it [​IMG]

yap, as feedstorechick said, you will need to change the component that is broken.

for severely broken part it will need exchange to new part. ex:censor,bulb, burned part, short circuited part

for not severely broken part it can be repaired. ex:loose part

for software damage, you'll need to reset it system. ex: cause by power outages/wrong adjustment

i don't have any computerized bator, home made only, but all computer have same *problem*. that's why there are simple *law* like i've told above.

5. houndit

houndit There is no H or F in Orpington!

Jul 13, 2008
    Braymer Missouri
    Thank you for the replies and information!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by