can you see spots threw the egg... or are my eggs bad???

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Fancie, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Fancie

Fancie Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2008
    Illinois
    I'm incuabting muscovies... they hatch in a few days. My question is... well I can see shadows on the shell... is it possible that these are their spots??? or are they dread blood spots?

2. LilDucky85

LilDucky85 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2009
    Northern, Illinois
    What are blood spots?? I thought I saw some clumps of blood in the veins last night. It looked as if there was a blood clot or something in one vein?? Then in a few others the bottom was clear but had some kind of spots of blood (or something) that sank to the bottom. I could be totally wrong but it was different. If only I had BYC in my pocket at all times.....oh evil thought, my cell phones internet. [​IMG]

3. walkswithdog

walkswithdog Overrun With Chickens

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    If you're nearing the end, take a deep breath and just wait. Candling usually only shows darkness and not a lot of information. Whether they've expired or not will show up over the next several days.

Leave them be, be calm, don't shake that bator [​IMG] keep everything even and right and just go with it. As long as there is no weeping or stench just stay away.

They may hatch right on time they may take extra days. During this last part its all about letting it happen. You can't change it if they have passed and you can mess it up if you keep checking.

Best of luck.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by