Can you sex Muscovy ducklings that are about 3 months old?

Yeah, mine are turning 11wks on Tuesday and i've known for a bit now, the drakes are bigger.. and sounds rather dumb but the hens take on a 'feminine' look to them.

Here is one of my drakes and hens... hen on the left, drake on the right... they were 9 1/2 wks in this picture.

IMG_0549.jpg

Well the kids were chasing mine and it ran through the fence and is hiding in the field. Hopefully nothing eats it and it don't run away.
hmm.png

Really? The other person that posted has 2 of them. Its strange how birds can have the same markings. But it came back. Its running with my other Muscovy's now!
big_smile.png

I wish I could tell the gender of mine. I suppose I want them to be girls but so far I am thinking they look a lot like boys!

Not sure that these photos are good enough but maybe someone can verify my ideas on gender. They are supposed to be around 3 months old but were given to me so I really am not sure.

9332_3_of_a_kind.jpg

9332_muscovy_3_mths.jpg

9332_muscovy_possible_boy.jpg

I am pretty sure that last one is a drake but this is my first year with Muscovy.

The black and white one is a hen. The chocolate on looks like a hen now but it may also be a drake. That ones kinda tricky. Haha.

Whew! Thanks. I was pretty sure the black/white one was a girl but every time I think I have it right they change again.

I think I have about 4-5 drakes and only 1-2 girls in my little group. If I can't sell the boys then I will have to put them in the freezer and I don't want to, they are so pretty!

And gosh! They sure fly all over the farm! I think it looks neat but the other ducks think it is a big flock of hawks coming after them.
One does a good job of landing in the big pool of water though. Smart 'scovy!

Back
Top Bottom