Can you sex these silkie x silver sebrights?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ZhonVeEvh, Nov 6, 2015.

1. ZhonVeEvh

ZhonVeEvh Out Of The Brooder

Jun 14, 2015
    I was told these are White Silkie (mother) & Silver Sebright (father) chickens. They were hatched 10/11 so a lil less than 4 weeks old. If anyone could help me sex these cute lil guys, Id appreciate it

This is Smidge
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is Smidgette
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Smidge & Smidgette together
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Not this early. You don't know if the combs will be more silkie-ish or sebright-ish. How many toes on them and feathered feet? I thought the colors would be more interesting. Still they could change a lot when they feather out fully.

3. ZhonVeEvh

Jun 14, 2015
    They have 5 toes and they are feathered too. I thought so too but I think more colors may come out as they get older! Wishful thinking!

4. ZhonVeEvh

Jun 14, 2015
    Unfortunately the people I got them from weren't taking care of them properly. I kinda took them in as a rescue. They have mites pretty bad if you have any suggestions on the best way to naturally get rid of them, I would appreciate it a lot.

5. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    They're too young to sex accurately. As for the mites, some people have success using diatamaceous earth, but I never had. The best mite treatment is probably Sevin dust, but that isn't natural.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by